Optical to STM-1 Electrical Converter - Data Sheet (PDF)
STM-1 Optical to STM-1 Electrical converter is a compact
solution housed in a 1U high (44mm), 19-inch rack-mountable
shelf, which can be installed in any DIN-standard 19-inch rack.
This unit offers five power supply options.
Options for the power supply to the equipment include:
a) Dual DC - 48V Inputs
(range -18V DC ~ -72V DC), for power input redundancy.
AC 110V AC to 240V AC, 50 / 60 Hz Inputs.
-48V DC (range -18V DC ~ -72V DC) Input.
- 1+0, STM-1 Optical to STM-1 Electrical converter version
- Dual (1+1), STM-1 Optical to STM-1 Electrical converter
- Standard 75 BNC connector of the STM-1 electrical interface
- Standard MSA compliant SFP optical interface. Allows
installation of field removable / field upgradable optical SFPs
- Short haul (1310nm), long haul (1550nm) and multi mode
(850nm) optical SFP modules offered.
- Offers multiple distance SFP options on the optical link
15KM, 40KM, 80KM, 120KM, 150KM, 200KM and 260KM.
- Management options:
Serial RS232 Port (COM Port)
USB interface (COM Port)
10/100 BaseT Ethernet Port allows the equipment to be remotely
accessed using Telnet over a TCP-IP Network
SNMP V2 monitoring
Network Management System - Windows XP and Windows 7
Network Management System (NMS)
- High reliability, complies to ITU-T G.703 and G.957
- Low power consumption
- Supports local and remote loop-back on electrical or optical
interfaces for system diagnostics.
- Simple operation and maintenance.
- 75 Ohms compliant with ITU-T G.703 and Telcordia GR-253
155Mbps electrical interfaces (BNC connector).
- ITU-T G.783 compatible loss of signal detect.
- STM-1 Electrical Interface - handles over 12.7dB of cable
- SFP - LC optical interface.
- SFP with DDMI Interface - for read back of transmit and
received optical power.
Class 1 laser safety.
- Compliant with ITU-T G.957 STM-1.
||Provides one standard STM-1 electrical interface
complying with G.703
||Network node interface for the synchronous digital
||Structure of Recommendations on equipment for
the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH)
||Types and characteristics of Synchronous Digital
Hierarchy (SDH) equipment
||Characteristics of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy
(SDH) equipment functional blocks
||Timing characteristics of SDH equipment slave clocks
||Control of Jitter and Wander within Digital Networks
Which are Based on the Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH)
||Provides one standard
STM-1 optical interface complying with G.957
||Digital line systems based on the Synchronous digital
hierarchy for use on optical fiber cables
- LOS (Loss of Signal).
- AIS (All Ones Alarm).
- Optical Power Input High Alarm.
- Optical Power Input Low Alarm.
- SNMP V2 Traps.
- STM-1 Electrical local loop-back.
- STM-1 Electrical remote loop-back.
- STM-1 Optical local loop-back.
- STM-1 Optical remote loop-back.
- Serial RS232 Port (COM Port).
- 10/100BaseT Remote Management over LAN Telnet.
- 10/100BaseT Telnet over TCP-IP Network.
- SNMP V2.
- USB interface.
- Network Management System (NMS).
Security and Protection
- Secured Access via SSH V2.
- Password Protection: Password Protection in compliance with the
mandatory clauses of the GR-815-CORE-2 specifications for secured access
- Security Audit: All access logs for up to 30 days are maintained for
security audit purposes.
- Logging: Maintains a log of all successful and un-successful attempts.
Logged information includes the ID and the IP address of the accessing
entities. Alerts the administrator if the un-successful logging attempts
Digital Access Cross
Connect Switch, DXC, 160Mbps, E1, T1, E3, DS3,
STM-1/4/16 SDH Multiplexer, Multi-Service Provioning,
Optical, Electrical, Add-Drop, upto 63 E1
E1 Voice and Data
Drop-Insert Multiplexer with FXO, FXS, E&M RS232,
G.703, V.35, V.36, X.21, Ethernet
Groomer (Hi-Z) Non-Intrusive, Hi-Impedance Monitoring,
16 Port E1/T1, 32 Port E1/T1, 64 Port E1/T1, STM-1
Switching, SafeComm, 8 E1/T1 Link, 16E1/T1 Link, E3,
DS3 Fail-Over Protection Switch
Teleprotection Equipment for Power Solution, IEEE
C37.94, G.703, 64Kbps co-directional digital data
interface, 2.048Mbps E1
TDM over IP, TDM over
Packet, TDM over MPLS,
2E1/T1, 8E1/T1, 16E1/T1, 32E1/T1 and
E3/DS3/T3, MEF or MPLS, TDM pseudowire network
Technical specifications are subject to change without
All brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.