The VCL-Ethernet over 8 E1 Converter is an 4 x
Ethernet extension device utilizing TDM telecom infrastructure (the telecom network of
E1s, or of PDH, SDH and E1/E3/SDH microwave etc. carrying E1s). It converts the Ethernet
data into E1 frame format for transmission over the existing TDM (E1) links and then
re-converts the E1 back into Ethernet data the far-end terminal, to BRIDGE two Ethernet
LANs over the existing E1-based telecom network. The device can effectively utilize the
existing TDM network to transport Ethernet data with low investment.
Ethernet over 1 / 4 / 16 E1s are also
available and offered.
equipment may be used for the following purposes:
- Bridging Ethernet LANs over existing TDM (E1) telecom
- Extending Ethernet networks utilizing TDM (E1) landline
based telecom infrastructure.
- Interconnecting DSLAMs to Central Routers over PDH/SDH
- Interconnecting IP based GSM base stations
- Interconnecting WiMAX base stations
- Using telecom network of E1s / PDH / SDH microwave etc.
carrying E1s to transport Ethernet data.
In all cases the equipment be always installed
and used in pairs, with one terminal being installed at either end of the network.
- Provides 8 E1 interfaces
- Provides 4 Ethernet 10/100Mbps (Electrical) ports for each
- Supports 802.1 based QoS feature.
- Supports base priority classification for incoming 802.1Q
- Supports IEEE 802.1p standard recommended Class of Service
- Supports 802.1P priority classification for ingress packets
- Provides 4 different user selectable ratios (0:1, 1:2, 1:5
and 1:10) for delivery of high and low priority packets
- Supports 802.1 p based classification of 802.1Q based VLAN
Packets which provides a mechanism for implementing Quality of Service (QoS).
- User selectable ports for enabling / disabling the QoS
- Supports port based priority if the Equipment fails to
classify the 802.1Q packets
- Supports port based Ethernet bandwidth limit for ingress
- Port based Ethernet limit allows user to provide different
speed for the different customers to utilize bandwidth according to their requirement
- Optionally provides 3 Ethernet 10/100Mbps (Electrical) ports
and 1 Ethernet (Optical) port for each converter
- E1 supports three working modes of transmission.
Un-Framed/Transparent, Framed, CAS / PCM 30 format
- Supports VCAT (virtual concatenation) and LCAS (link
capacity adjustment scheme) protocol, and complies with ITU-T G.7042 specifications
- Mapping to E1 complies with ITU-T G.7043 and G.8040
- Supports differential delay of up to 120ms on E1 links
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 specifications
- Support VLAN tagging as per 802.1Q
- Supports X.86, LAPS and HDLC transmission protocols
- Supports 100M full-duplex mode
- Configurable frame length upto 1916 bytes (MTU size)
- Supports GFP-F encapsulation complying with ITU-T
- Provide smooth adjustment of bandwidth
- Provides Loss of Frame alarms
- Provides error frame statistic
- Supports automatic removal and addition of E1 links
- Available with MAC address list filtration, learning,
and updating functions
- A large external SDRAM buffering for handling data
- E1 Interfaces support errors count
- Tolerant for drift of E1 signal of up to 512UI.
- Error code correction and automatic protection and recovery
of E1 channel.
Network management function. The main function of network
management system is to fulfill the inquiry for local and remote devices and configuration
management including inquiry of alarm status on E1 line, Ethernet working status, and
loopback control etc.
Automatic Ethernet negotiation function. Supports 10M/100M
and working modes of both full-duplex and semi-duplex.
Transparently transmits ultra-long frames stipulated in IEEE
802.1Q, and supports Ethernet switches with VLAN function.
Supports two synchronization clock modes, Internal Clock and
Network Clock (Loop-Timed Clock)
Imbedded, dynamic Ethernet MAC address list
(5000 addresses), and filter function for local data frames.
Equipment Maintenance and
- Serial Management Port (RS232) –
- TCP/IP - 10/100 BaseT for remote
management over a LAN / TCP/IP network
- SNMP V2 (MIB File provided with
- Telnet - CLI (Command Line
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Network Management System (to
monitor multiple units from a single central location).
Digital Access Cross
Connect Switch, DXC, 160Mbps, E1, T1, E3, DS3,
STM-1/4/16 SDH Multiplexer, Multi-Service Provioning,
Optical, Electrical, Add-Drop, upto 63 E1
E1 Voice and Data
Drop-Insert Multiplexer with FXO, FXS, E&M RS232,
G.703, V.35, V.36, X.21, Ethernet
Groomer (Hi-Z) Non-Intrusive, Hi-Impedance Monitoring,
16 Port E1/T1, 32 Port E1/T1, 64 Port E1/T1, STM-1
Switching, SafeComm, 8 E1/T1 Link, 16E1/T1 Link, E3,
DS3 Fail-Over Protection Switch
Teleprotection Equipment for Power Solution, IEEE
C37.94, G.703, 64Kbps co-directional digital data
interface, 2.048Mbps E1
TDM over IP, TDM over
Packet, TDM over MPLS,
2E1/T1, 8E1/T1, 16E1/T1, 32E1/T1 and
E3/DS3/T3, MEF or MPLS, TDM pseudowire network
Technical specifications are subject to change without
All brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.